Saturday, 22 November 2014

WARNING: Horse necks are hard stuff

Last Saturday I decided to go riding in the outside arena... silly me :D
I thought Chumpy was going to be fine, I had been riding him regularly (5-6 times a week)
I put my draw reins on him just in case.
I started riding and he was very highly strung... which was acceptable as he hadn't been ridden outside for a few weeks due to the weather.
He was a pretty good boy other then the fact that he kept getting scared from an invisible monster behind the horse trailers at the side of the arena.
I got trotting, obviously he was running around like a maniac as usual. It was okay because he never acutaly does anything bad he just runs around :D

Then it happened...
He jumped because of the monster and I as a reflex pulled the reins, and the draw reins kind of got stuck in the bit so his mouth was being pulled all the time. He reared once in which I fell forward, then after a few more buck/rears I smashed into his neck twice. The first one was okay, the second one consisted of me smacking my face into his neck, I blacked out for a second, and as soon as I came back from the grey zone I felt something coming out of my nose...
I quickly got off (Chumpy just stood there like a good boy) and checked, and yes it was blood. My mouth and nose were bleeding and I was dizzy.
Lovely...
My friend ran over took Chumpy as I went inside to get myself into presentable form.

In the end I got back on with my trainers help and did like 3 rounds of walking (in the indoor of course) 2 trot and like half an arena of canter just so neither me or the horse would be shaken from the 'incident'

I'll add a picture of my face... well... it wasn't pretty.
As you can see the right side of my nose was like 2x as big as it should. To this day it still hurts... my mouth took like 4 days to stop hurting and mine. I wouldn't say I'm fine now one week later, but me and Chumpy are unfazed :D

I went to the doctor who told me that I didn't have a concussion, thank goodness.

I am now known as 'the girl who smashed her face'
YAY for me (Y) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment