Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Mine or Yours

This is a bit late but it's still a thing thats bothering me :/

[A little back story, before I left for France my friend Betty (just f.y.i. me and her are fire and water.. i like to keep my things tidy and clean... and well lets just say she doesn't)asked me if she could borrow my wool black rising pad (even though she has her own) for her show, I said fine, but the only reason I agreed was because she caught me off guard and we had to leave like 4 seconds later -.-
But i told myself that it's fine because I was going to be there the whole time and I would take care of my rising pad (we call it fur here) and that was how it happened.
Then when I was abroad I had a bad feeling that Betty might be using my stuff behind my back but told myself not to be silly beause I don't have any reason to think she'd do that]


So this is where the interesting part starts, the first or second weekend back my friend Betty had a showjumping competition, and she asked me if I wanted and had the time to go and help her, I said yeah sure ofcourse i'll go :)

We get there and i'm just about to start tacking up her horse and she casually says
'Oh, I have your fur and your grooming stuff here by the way, and i've been using it where you weren't here.'
As if it were the most normal thing ever... I was so shocked that I couldn't even reply
Later when I had gathered my thoughts I go up to her and in my nicest voice go
'Um... Betty I don't mind you using my stuff just as long as you ask me first'...
Cool as a cucumber she replies 'Yeah, it's just that you weren't here and I couldn't contact you'...
I go 'Oh..'
'But i'll buy you new ones anyway' O.o

Now that I think back at it... I would have had every right to get ticked off and start bitching at her... But I didn't and I just agreed and told her that a fur isn't too cheap but if she insists.

But I mean... how arrogant can you get? Firstly I had my phone with me the whole time.. and she even sent me a text once....Secondly if you can't contact the person who's stuff you want to BORROW.. and I repeat BORROW then you don't bloody use it! Especially if you have your own... or have been too lazy to get your own for the past 2 months...

So I look up the stuff that I have an Olympic brush and a no-name but quality fur, both very expensive, but I got the brush from a friend of mine so I didn't know exactly how expensive it really was... Unfortunatly all of the stuff that she took isnt being made anymore so I had to find an alternstive -.-I tell her the next day how much just the brush costs and add that it even costs more than a Stübben [another expensive and well known brand here] and I don't even know why I expected anything else from her, but she swiftly says

'Won't a Stübben be good enough for you then?'

-.-

Every single person who i've told this story to so far has gotten so annoyed and asked me why I didn't had a fit then and there.


But I mean atleast I've learnt a valuble lesson... Don't lend anyone anything...

Although knowing Betty she'll either never buy me my stuff or take a year or go and buy me random shitty cheap stuff instead

No comments:

Post a Comment