Visited the horses today, just got back not that long ago actually and am waiting for me and my mums apple-peach pie-cake to bake (: mmmmmm
But anywho, onto the point of this post.
I fell in love today with one of the stallions(:
There are two ,one of whom I think is a Lipizzaner, he's grey and has the typical Lipizzaner neck, and the other one is black and has a roman nose and the most adorable baby eyes (:
Unfortunately I could only get either really close shots of him or ones of just his head, because he was in a stall, while the other horses were out in the paddocks.
The other horse was a lot more aggressive when I gave him the carrots we bought on the way there. But Carlos ( that's what I named him :D because he's actually called Carl :/ ) was really gentle and seemed intrigued about what I was doing there, after 5 mins of carrots he finally let me pat his head and scratch his forehead, which he enjoyed greatly (:
The rescue center owner was a bit of a hard-shell at first, and me and my dad were a bit intimidated because he kept saying in his booming voice 'the horses are NOT to go anywhere, with anyone. ONLY to a good reliable home' We knew that we could offer this, but still the way he said it. We soon realized though that it was because he gets about 400 ( no joke ) phone calls a day, calling about the horses from all sorts of people, and half the time he knows that all they see is 'free horses' to either sell, or breed and make a load of money...
He told us that the first 3 days were total hell, he was on the phone all the time taking calls, and by the end of the day he had 300 missed calls... even though he was constantly on the phone.
Basically how they're going to see who gets the horses is as follows :
Everyone writes their name, contacts and which horse they're interested in in a book.
This is till december 10.
Then they phone all the people who were sympathetic to them, and have a chat again.
Finally they look at the place that you're going to take the horse.
Then they decide which place is best for said horse and that person gets him/her.
I think we have good odds in getting Carlos Del Fontaine ( yes :D I made him a WHOLE name ;P )
but then again I won't know 'till they actually give me the horse.
My theory is everyone wants the mares, because the stallions have to be gelded and that will be the new owners responsibility, so while you can start working with the mares from day 1 with the stallys you have to wait until after the surgery and even after that you have to wait at least 3 weeks before any work can be started on them.
But if someone does still want the stallions, I'm hoping that they will go for the Lipizzaner, because he's bigger and I don't know... I just really would like to have Carlos (:
So till the 10th I don't know if I should pay them another visit ( to see Carlos and to maybe help my odds ) or if that will just make them think I'm pushy...I'm pretty sure that I will I think... because I already know that I'll have a hard time sleeping because my mind wont stop ticking over all the possibilities....
Well I'll keep you posted
'Till next time ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment