went back to the stable where I used to ride Pilgrim and is now leasing Jessy, and this was their first competition together. Unfortunately I didn't get to see her compete, because I had to leave since I had an appointment with the car mechanics to change my tires to winter ones.
I took Ruby out, to see how she would react to the horses ,all the people and the other dogs. To my amazement she behaved so well, compared to what I thought she would do, which was basically bark at every horse and be aggressive. Although the hairs were standing on her back almost the whole time, she made friends with the other dogs, didn't even care about the horses, and was a bit tentative about people but in a friendly way, so anyone could pet her. I am actually really happy about this because although she lives with my grandpa and 2 other dogs, I still really want her to be my 'stable buddy', and come with me to the stables, and on trail rides when I have my horse.
Here are two really silly pictures of her, but for some reason I can't find any others. She's running on both so you can't really see her in portion. For starters her ears don't prick up, but they look like they do on the pictures :P Oh and yes, she is a little overweight because she eats the other dog's food then throughout the day snacks on her own
But getting back to the point, I saw Mr. D at the show, he owns a field in my grandpa's street and keeps his 5 or 6 horses there. I used to ride Milli and Líbor like 2 or more years ago. But so the family tree goes like this :D
Milli ~10y/o mare> Mira ~6y/o mare > Fugitive 1.5y/o gelding
Sári ~ 10 y/o mare > dunno i think gelding and about the same age as Fugitive
Cherry a horse he bought for his wife, who forgot to tell him, that even though she claimed she could... She can't ride for her life.
I used to want to buy Mira because she wasn't broken in yet and it's always been my dream, but then the girl who helped Mr D. decided one day to give her cold water after being worked... aaannndd she now has a lung problem. So that's that
But Cherry and Fugitive are for sale. I'm actually thinking that maybe I should consider buying Fugitive, he's 1 and a half, has the bloodline that I want, looks about right for a young gelding.
Here's a picture
But back to the point... Today my dad brought up the idea of buying a horse from Mr. D. So I told him about Fugitive. The thing is, if I think about it, if he's 1.5 years old now... then I'll have to wait ATLEAST a year before I can start any work with him. Till then where will I keep him? Where will I ride? What if he turns out to have some health issue when I start riding him? What if he's no good at jumping? What if he doesn't move well at all in dressage? How will I break him in? etc etc....
I don't really know, that's the problem :/
But then again, he will turn out just like I want, since I am the one breaking him in, I'll have plenty of time to buy a saddle ( because I have this huge dilemma about when I'm going to buy a saddle, seeing as I won't buy one till I have a horse, but then when I buy the horse what will I ride in for the first week? and what if the horse isn't what I wanted and we give him back after 2 weeks and I bought a saddle for him? ...) I'll have a great bond with the horse, I know where he came from and trust Mr. D enough to know he wont scam me.
Next time I visit grandpa I think I'll have a word with Mr. D. that is of course if he still recognizes me. It has been a while after all...
Oh and about the stable visit, we had to postpone it to tomorrow, because it was pouring rain and we didn't really see the point in getting soaked, and not really being able to see anything.
Well... 'till next time ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment