There is a horse and dog rescue center who I have liked and saw one of their pictures that they've rescued 13 horses ( two of whom are in foaling ) from a house where they were kept in terrible conditions. Since they can't take all the horses in because they don't have the money and only take in horses who have NO way of finding a home because of some illness. Since the horses are legally in the district's possession, after lost of coaxing from the rescue center they decided that, they have until December 31st to find all the horses homes or else they're going to a slaughter house.
The moment I saw I thought ' I have to do something ' so I sent them an e-mail asking about the horses, and mentioned that I'm going to pay them a visit on Saturday. I talked to mum and she said there's no harm in looking, and that she has nothing against having a horse except that you never know what the next day will bring.
Here's just one picture to show in what terrible condition the horses were kept in.
My dad is coming home from a business trip tonight at midnight , so I hope I can talk to him in the morning and ask him whether it would be okay for me to take a look at the horses.
Their webpage says that all of the horses are healthy physically (they have most likely suffered mental trauma ) are under 12 years old, there is one gelding and 2 stallions who will be gelded if an owner is found, the rest are mares, two of them in foaling as I mentioned at the beginning. None of them have been broken in or have had any work done with them. But still, I think it's worth a try saving even one of these horses because it's usually these horses who have the biggest hearts and once they find someone who cares for them will do 10x as much and try 10x harder than any other horse. I would hate to see so many go to a slaughter house after the two years that this rescue center fought to get them away from their owner.
I will keep you up to date with the horses fate, hopefully it will be good news !
'Till next time ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment