Sunday, 30 December 2012

Christmas and New Years In General

Hello there, I know it's been a while.. but [insert lie here].
I have been telling everyone that shopping is a dangerous thing, but they didn't believe me ... well now I have PROOF! I was looking for nail gels and the 'pots' were on like glass shelves and as I was trying to reach the back of the shelf I cut my middle finger really badly actually on the side of the the glass shelf because it wasn't smooth like normal shelves should be, but jagged. My friend saw that I was going an odd colour and quickly got out a tissue, but the cut still really hurts and that was like 2 days ago :/
So I advise everyone to shop with precaution!
:D

Anywhoooo.... I just wanted to express my feelings towards Christmas and New Year. I can understand why people like it and all, but unfortunately I think there's more fuss than enjoyment.

Lets start with Christmas. I LOVE buying presents for other people like seriously I LOVEEE it, but buying 300 presents at the same time... not so much...

My present buying process is as follows :
- Realise that I have to buy K. a present
- Think about what K likes (time taken : 2-4 weeks)
- Go out and buy the stuff ( Usually I like making other people stuff, or buying them something really personal, that makes them think e.g. ' Oh wow, I didn't think you knew that I love Pokemon' [yes silly example I know] )
- Give present to person.

Well not for Christmas, that one goes :
- OMGCHRISTMASISNEXTWEEK
-Try walking around shops for 3 days hoping to find inspiration because of short notice.
- Buy myself a bajilion new things.
- Panic and tell everyone that I 'left it at home' or 'let's not give each other our presents yet'
- Buy 10 huge chocolates and 5 teddy bears.
- Half give half chuck things at said people.

Yeah... compulsory present shopping, because I just LOVE spending a ton of money on things that I know aren't going to be of much use to the people I give them to (Y)

Oh and don't even get me STARTED on the food, my diet has been going exactly as planned.... in my head... my 'mind' weight is currently 65kg, although I haven't yet discussed this with my scale who probably would tell me that I'm around 70kg, but who trusts scales now-a-days anyway?!

New Years
Next in the 'Compulsory' series is Compulsory Parties. 
'Where are you going for new years?'
'So do you know where you're going to be spending the new year?'
'OMG I'm going to the BEST house party ever, and you?' 
'Yeah me and my friends are getting together, I'd invite you but... well you know it's like a 'private party', but I'm sure you'll have somewhere to go'
 'Oh, you still don't know where you're going, but it's like tomorrow?'
You get my drift...

It's not like I have any problems finding somewhere to go, ( I usually end up letting 3 people down because I don't go with them )  but still, WHY is it like compulsory? I don't get it... Poor people who are sick, they're going to have to listen to the 'OMG do you remember at that New Years party' stories for a whole year, if not more...

Everyone knows that house parties are the best, but no-one wants to have it at their house, so everyone is just coaxing each other to have one, but eww who wants to spend a whole day cleaning up afterwards? And watching that no-one knocks over your mums china cupboard, making sure all puke goes INTO and not around the toilet, telling everyone to not smoke in the house, being under constant stress because there's always at least ONE retard who doesn't understand that no, he should NOT make himself feel at home. 

There's the other extreme case where everyone want's you to be with them for New Years and if you're like me and can't decide, because you hate not making everyone happy, then you end up hurting a ton of people's feelings because 'You could've at least TOLD me a week ago'. 
Hmm... Yeah I could've but then I'd have felt bad for half a day that I didn't make you happy, as oppose to now where I won't be able to sleep for a week because I let you do-Hey wait a minute....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Wow I sound like I'm having a hissy fit :D I'm not, I swear, it' just I bump into the same annoying things every year.

But I shall stop procrastinating and clean my poor fishies, who have now got an oxygenater thingy and 3 snails to keep them company. I might post a picture once they're clean :D

Happy holidays everyone and have a spectacular New Year ;)
'Till next time here are some happy cupcakes and cookies I made!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment